Close Menu
    Trending
    • Garry Marr: Shared home ownership was a feel-good trend. Now some are paying a big price
    • Store closures update 2026: See a list of retailers that have shuttered the most locations this year
    • OpenAI launches ChatGPT for Teens with new safety features
    • Britain Can No Longer Afford The Welfare State It Created
    • Lily White MSNOW Guest Calls Black Republican Byron Donalds a ‘Bigot’ and Compares Him to a Drug Dealer (VIDEO)
    • WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months
    • Premier League what to know: Schedule, prediction, transfers and more | Football News
    • Jordan Spieth is staring down a make-or-break offseason
    The Daily FuseThe Daily Fuse
    • Home
    • Latest News
    • Politics
    • World News
    • Tech News
    • Business
    • Sports
    • More
      • World Economy
      • Entertaiment
      • Finance
      • Opinions
      • Trending News
    The Daily FuseThe Daily Fuse
    Home»Trending News»WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months
    Trending News

    WHO says Congo Ebola outbreak can still be brought under control within three months

    The Daily FuseBy The Daily FuseAugust 18, 2026No Comments2 Mins Read
    Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    Share
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Pinterest Email


    GENEVA: A World Well being Group official mentioned on Tuesday (Aug 18) it was nonetheless doable to carry beneath management an Ebola outbreak that’s outpacing containment efforts and has turn out to be the second-deadliest on file.

    The worldwide well being company mentioned earlier this month that reversing Ebola’s unfold can be doable inside a three-month interval, however since then there have been indicators that it has worsened, increasing to a sixth province.

    “In regards to the subsequent plan for the three months, sure, you probably have the mandatory assets, I believe will probably be doable to do this,” Thierno Balde, WHO incident supervisor, informed reporters in Geneva from Bunia, within the Democratic Republic of Congo.

    The outbreak, Congo’s worst but of 17, has up to now killed a minimum of 2,325 individuals.

    Sources are presently lagging necessities, and the WHO has raised about 60 per cent of the US$115 million it’s looking for for the Ebola response.

    Different challenges embrace delayed detection, overwhelmed surveillance groups, armed battle and a scarcity of vaccines and coverings for the uncommon Bundibugyo species of the virus.

    Nonetheless, containment efforts are ramping up and an additional 400 beds have been added prior to now two weeks and extra epidemiologists will probably be deployed to hint contacts of the sick, Balde mentioned.

    “The scenario is kind of tough, however persons are working right here day and night time attempting to manage this outbreak,” he informed reporters.

    Different main officers informed Reuters that the outbreak was a good distance from being beneath management, mentioning that between 70 per cent to 80 per cent of latest circumstances haven’t any recognized hyperlink to sufferers, which means the virus remains to be spreading unchecked in lots of areas.

    “We’re removed from discovering the magnitude of this outbreak,” mentioned Dr Wessam Mankoula, Africa CDC’s head of emergency preparedness and response.

    “It is not going to be over in just a few weeks and even months,” he mentioned.

    The WHO Emergency Committee meets on Tuesday on Ebola, which was deemed a public well being emergency of worldwide concern, or PHEIC, by the UN company on Might 17. The physique will resolve whether or not to increase the emergency and provides states suggestions for controlling its unfold.



    Source link

    Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email
    The Daily Fuse
    • Website

    Related Posts

    Asian allies stress ‘critical cooperation’ as Trump slashes South Korea drills

    August 18, 2026

    Japan defence minister says US, South Korea cooperation ‘critical’ for security

    August 18, 2026

    Two largest US reservoirs hit record lows amid western drought

    August 18, 2026

    Commentary: A new ‘NATO of the East’? Why the Mecca pact isn’t quite what it seems

    August 17, 2026
    Add A Comment
    Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

    Top Posts

    Braves building elite pitching staff with signing of Robert Suarez

    December 12, 2025

    ‘Trauma does not define us’: Living with loss in wartime Ukraine | Russia-Ukraine war News

    February 1, 2026

    US Justice Department issues transcripts of interviews with Epstein ex-girlfriend Maxwell

    August 22, 2025

    Who are Premier League title favourites: Liverpool, Arsenal, Man City, Utd? | Football News

    August 9, 2025

    US judge rules Rumeysa Ozturk must be transferred from Louisiana to Vermont | Courts News

    April 19, 2025
    Categories
    • Business
    • Entertainment News
    • Finance
    • Latest News
    • Opinions
    • Politics
    • Sports
    • Tech News
    • Trending News
    • World Economy
    • World News
    • Privacy Policy
    • Disclaimer
    • Terms and Conditions
    • About us
    • Contact us
    Copyright © 2024 Thedailyfuse.comAll Rights Reserved.

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.